Note: This session is limited to 8 people
Places are given on a first-come-first-serve basis
This workshop is a working session for Oxford Mosaic users to come and ask members of the Web Platform team in person about queries they have regarding the setup or content editing of their site.
- An initial Q+A session to demonstrate solutions to queries raised in advance and to respond to questions from the floor
- A supported editing session where team members will be on hand to assist users to edit their sites
- One-to-one discussion of hints and tips for making and implementing optimal design choices for your website
Site Owners, Site Administrators, Site Editors, and Site Authors already setting up or redesigning a website (Site Owners and Site Administrators) or creating and editing content (all users) in Oxford Mosaic
An in-person practical, guided workshop
PC workstations with Google Chrome web browser;1 projector/large screen
What You Will Need
The Oxford Mosaic web platform provides editing through the web using a modern web browser. This is most effectively done using desktops or laptops. Computers will be available but you can bring your own laptop if you prefer.
- Gain a better understanding of the elements of the Oxford Mosaic CMS which you have questions about
- Be able to implement solutions to issues you have encountered whilst using the Oxford Mosaic toolkit
- Have a greater understanding of the options available in Oxford Mosaic and what to consider in selecting options most suited to your site's objectives
Mosaic can be used by people without technical web skills but attendees should be comfortable using digital tools and working with common IT tools and software. It is assumed that attendees are familiar with the nuts and bolts of using the Mosaic tools (see the Hands-On Demo course and https://oxfordmosaic.web.ox.ac.uk/documentation)
Non-University members interested in the session should contact the Mosaic team at email@example.com.