We run three types of training course for Mosaic platform users
For existing users with specific functionality and content build questions. New users should start with the Mosaic Demo
These are 30 minute one-to-one consultations, where users can ask members of the Web Platform team about queries they have regarding the setup or content editing of their site and get hints and tips for making and implementing optimal design choices for your website.
For existing users with specific functionality and content build questions
Drop-in Workshops are currently suspended
In-person sessions are suspended until further notice.
In the meantime, we invite users with queries to sign up for an Online Consultation instead.
To provide support to users of the Oxford Mosaic platform we run termly drop-in workshops at IT Services Banbury Road.
The workshops are working sessions for you to come and ask members of the Mosaic team in person about queries you have regarding the setup or content editing of your site. Sessions are held in our training rooms with a suite of PCs which can be used for you to login to and work on your Mosaic site.
The workshops run flexibly, as is most helpful for the needs of attendees, organised loosely around the following structure:
- An initial Q&A session to demonstrate answers to queries raised in advance and to respond to questions from the floor
- A supported editing session where team members will be on hand to assist you as you edit your site
You are welcome to attend one or both parts of the session and to come or leave at whatever time is convenient to you. It will be helpful, but not essential, if queries can be sent in advance so that we can group together common questions for dealing with in the Q&A session. It is not essential to book but we would appreciate it if you could let us know if you expect to attend.
Workshops are free of charge.
For new and prospective users
Note on course format
As part of our plan to increase the amount of online training content we provide, we've published a video of an online demo session to replace the in-person session.
We also recommend viewing the video which demonstrates the page creation process.
The sessions consist of:
- Quick introduction to what Oxford Mosaic is and what it offers to help you easily build high quality websites
- Showcase of the new websites just launched on the platform
- Tour of the editing interface to demo how sites are easily built and maintained
- A hands-on session for you to login to a demo site and try uploading content and have a play yourself
- A Q&A to answer questions
Demos are free of charge.