Following platform release 2.0.23 on 10 April, content editing will be significantly different.
Previously, when a page's content is changed and the editor presses Save, those changes are made immediately. From now on a new workflow for content editing will be in place.
- Content now exists in one of three states: Draft; Needs review; Published - up to one Published version and one Draft/Needs review version of a page can exist at any one time
- A new user role exists: Site Contributor - see User Roles documentation for more information
- Location of editing controls has moved to a new editing menu - see Page Editing documentation for more information
- Quickedit has moved to the new editing menu - see Page Editing documentation for more information
- Changes to the page edit screen to separate revisionable and non-revisionable content and metadata - see Page Editing documentation for more information
- Up to four new tabs visible in Manage Content, to list: all content in Draft and Needs review; content created by the user in Draft and Needs review - see Manage Content documentation for more information
Details about the new workflow are available in the Content Workflow documentation.